MADISONVILLE, KY (WFIE) - Madisonville police are calling three fires, including one that caused quite the display at a fireworks tent, suspicious.
According to police, they got a call late Wednesday night about a fire on the front porch of a home in the 400 block of Park Row. Firefighters were able to get that fire under control, but the house sustained heavy damage.
Later, around 3:45 Thursday morning, a second fire was reported at a fireworks stand at the corner of S. Main and E. McLaughlin.
(Video source: Ginny Scott)
No one was hurt in the fire, but the flames caused the fireworks to go off inside the tent, leading to quite the show. A 14 News viewer sent us some incredible video of the fireworks.
"I never dreamed they were going to light it on fire," tent operator Tara Johnson said.
Police say while crews were fighting that fire, there was yet another fire at another fireworks stand on S. Main St. We're told there was minimal damage with that fire.
Police say all three fires are being investigated as arson.
"We also look for patterns of where they may have started. If they're homes, we also look to see if electricity is still to the home or the business and just different safety considerations like that," Lt. Andy Rush said.
Anyone with information about what happened should call (270) 821-1720 or the anonymous Crime Stoppers line at (270) 825-1111.