Formal charges filed against fiance of Warrick Co. murder suspect
WARRICK CO., IN (WFIE) - Formal charges have now been filed against Kelli Wyrick, the fiance of suspect Mat McCallister, in the Warrick County murder investigation of Joseph Nelson.
In the probable cause affidavit obtained by 14 News, Wyrick denied any knowledge of evidence involving the murder and denied destroying any evidence.
Records show detectives found screen shots of text messages that Wyrick had taken between McCallister and the other suspects. Documents say those messages show that McCallister had accused the victim of playing around with Wyrick, which Nelson denied.
Records also show messages from Nelson to McCallister say that Nelson didn't mean to upset anyone and he wouldn't do anything to deliberately bring harm to McCallister or his family.
- Wyrick speaks exclusively to 14 News after McCallister's court appearance
- Body of murdered Martinsville man released to family
- Suspect in murder of man found at Alcoa asks to be moved
- Murder suspects could face additional charges
- Formal charges filed against four in murder of man found at Alcoa
- Affidavit: "Incident" with female suspect led to man's murder
- Cause of death determined for man found at Alcoa
- Body found at Alcoa now a homicide investigation
- Warrick Co. authorities identify body found at Alcoa
Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.