Advertisement

Vacant home catches fire overnight

Published: Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM CDT|Updated: Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

An Evansville house fire breaks out at a vacant home. It happened early Thursday morning at 502 Gum Street.

Fire officials say it took about 30 minutes to tap out the flames. The blaze, reported by a neighbor, could be seen from the front room when firefighters arrived.

A tip indicated someone was inside the home, but firefighters checked and no was there. The home's been vacant for two years. No utilities were hooked up.

A fire investigator says they will look into it as a possible arson. As of 4 A.M., the fire's been put out.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.