Cardinals vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Milwaukee Brewers (88-69) will look to William Contreras, who is carrying a 13-game hit streak, when they square off against the St. Louis Cardinals (69-88) and Jordan Walker, who has safely hit in 11 games in a row. It begins at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday, at American Family Field.
The probable pitchers are Wade Miley (9-4) for the Brewers and Zack Thompson (5-7) for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Miley - MIL (9-4, 3.20 ERA) vs Thompson - STL (5-7, 4.57 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Brewers vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Player Props|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Cardinals|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Odds|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Thompson
- Thompson (5-7) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his ninth start of the season. He has a 4.57 ERA in 61 2/3 innings pitched, with 67 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the lefty tossed five innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Over 24 games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed a 4.57 ERA and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .272 to opposing batters.
- Thompson is looking to collect his second quality start of the season in this game.
- Thompson will try to pitch five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He's averaging 2.5 frames per outing.
- He has had 11 appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Zack Thompson vs. Brewers
- The opposing Brewers offense has a collective .239 batting average, and is 25th in the league with 1251 total hits and 17th in MLB play with 708 runs scored. They have the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.385) and are 24th in all of MLB with 162 home runs.
- In six innings over two appearances against the Brewers this season, Thompson has a 6 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .280.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Wade Miley
- Miley (9-4) will take to the mound for the Brewers and make his 23rd start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while allowing three hits.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 3.20, a 2.08 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.127 in 22 games this season.
- In 22 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in nine of them.
- Miley has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has made 22 appearances and finished six of them without allowing an earned run.
Wade Miley vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals are batting .249 this season, 14th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .417 (12th in the league) with 207 home runs.
- The left-hander has faced the Cardinals two times this season, allowing them to go 4-for-27 with a double, a home run and an RBI in 7 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.