Cardinals vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 18
The Milwaukee Brewers (84-65) and St. Louis Cardinals (66-83) square off in the first of a four-game series on Monday at Busch Stadium, at 7:45 PM ET. The Brewers are coming off a series victory over the Nationals, and the Cardinals a series loss to the Phillies.
The probable starters are Freddy Peralta (12-8) for the Brewers and Adam Wainwright (4-11) for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 7:45 PM ET
- TV: BSMW
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Peralta - MIL (12-8, 3.73 ERA) vs Wainwright - STL (4-11, 7.95 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Brewers vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Cardinals|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Odds|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Prediction|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (4-11) takes the mound first for the Cardinals in his 21st start of the season. He's put together a 7.95 ERA in 94 2/3 innings pitched, with 52 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the righty threw five innings against the Baltimore Orioles, allowing two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 20 games this season, the 42-year-old has put up a 7.95 ERA and 5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .354 to his opponents.
- Wainwright has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Wainwright will aim to last five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He's averaging 4.7 frames per outing.
- He has not had an appearance yet in 2023 that he did not allow at least one earned run.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Freddy Peralta
- The Brewers will send Peralta (12-8) to the mound for his 29th start this season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings while giving up one earned run on two hits in a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with a 3.73 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .202.
- He has 15 quality starts in 28 chances this season.
- Peralta has 18 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 28 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 27-year-old's 3.73 ERA ranks 22nd, 1.091 WHIP ranks 12th, and 11.5 K/9 ranks fourth.
Freddy Peralta vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals have scored 677 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They have 1283 hits, 14th in baseball, with 202 home runs (ninth in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Cardinals in two games, and they have gone 10-for-43 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBI over 11 1/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.