Cardinals vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The St. Louis Cardinals (65-82) host the Philadelphia Phillies (80-67) at 7:15 PM ET on Saturday.
The Phillies will give the ball to Ranger Suarez (2-6, 3.93 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Cardinals will counter with Miles Mikolas (7-11, 4.75 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Suarez - PHI (2-6, 3.93 ERA) vs Mikolas - STL (7-11, 4.75 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Phillies vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Odds|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cardinals|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas (7-11) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his 32nd start of the season. He has a 4.75 ERA in 176 1/3 innings pitched, with 116 strikeouts.
- The right-hander's last appearance came on Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds, when he went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- During 31 games this season, the 35-year-old has a 4.75 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .281 to opposing batters.
- Mikolas is looking to secure his 13th quality start of the season.
- Mikolas is aiming for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 frames per start.
- He has had five appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Miles Mikolas vs. Phillies
- He will match up with a Phillies offense that ranks sixth in the league with 1302 total hits (on a .258 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .439 (fifth in the league) with 196 total home runs (10th in MLB action).
- Mikolas has a 7.5 ERA and a 1.333 WHIP against the Phillies this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .308 batting average over one appearance.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies' Suarez (2-6) will make his 20th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed two hits in 6 1/3 innings pitched against the Miami Marlins on Sunday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with a 3.93 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .268.
- He has 10 quality starts in 19 chances this season.
- Suarez has 16 starts of five or more innings this season in 19 chances. He averages 5.6 innings per outing.
- He has one appearance this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 19 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.