Early voting underway in Kentucky
KENTUCKY (WFIE) - The Commonwealth of Kentucky is making it easy to find your polling place.
Click here to use their “polling location” search.
Early voting in Kentucky is starting Thursday.
People in the Commonwealth will make some big decisions, like Governor and Secretary of State.
The Owensboro Sportcenter is the only place open for early voting for Daviess County, starting at 8 a.m.
The deadline to register to vote was October 10, so if you were not registered by then you are not eligible.
If you do choose to vote early, all you need is proof of identification. That can be a number of things, as long as it states your name, has a photograph and was distributed by the state entity.
The Owensboro Transit System will waive public transit fees on all routes November 7 for Election Day. Buses will run from 6 a.m. to 7:35 p.m.
On Election Day, which is on November 7, city officials say residents will be able to vote at any of the 14 polling locations from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Those locations are:
- Owensboro Sportscenter: 1215 Hickman Avenue, Owensboro
- H.L. Neblett Community Center – Gym: 801 W 5th Street, Owensboro
- Owensboro Christian Church – Entrance E.: 2818 New Hartford Road, Owensboro
- Third Baptist Church – Gym: 527 Allen Street, Owensboro
- Daviess County Middle School – Cafeteria: 3901 Fairview Drive, Owensboro
- Audubon Elementary School – Gym: 300 Worthington Road, Owensboro
- Legacy Church (Former Malco Theater): 5333 Frederica Street, Owensboro
- Yellow Creek Baptist Church – Gym: 5741 Highway 144, Thruston
- St. Martin’s Parish Hall: 5856 Highway 81, Rome
- Masonville Baptist Church: 6601 US 231, Masonville
- St. Mary Magdalene Parish Hall: 7232 Highway 56, Sorgho
- Whitesville Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall: 10167 Highway 54, Whitesville
- Mary Carrico Catholic School – Gym: 9546 Highway 144, Knottsville
- Utica Fire Department: 146 Highway 140, Utica
You can view the map below for all 14 of the voting locations.
You can find more information regarding elections in Daviess County here.
In Henderson County, early voting is at the Chase Fulcher Archery Center.
Meanwhile in Hopkins County, it’s at the Ballard Convention Center.
In McLean and Ohio Counties, it’s at the county clerk’s office.
While in Union and Webster Counties, it’s at the county’s senior citizens center.
All of these locations are open today through Saturday from 8:00 to 4:00.
In Hancock county, the hours are slightly different.
You can vote early at the county clerk’s office Thursday from 9:00 to 5:00. Friday and Saturday, the hours will be from 8:00 to 4:00.
In Muhlenberg County, early voting continues Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. That’s at the Merle Travis Center on Cleaton Road in Powderly.
Copyright 2023 WFIE. All rights reserved.