ISP: Man arrested following drug bust in Mt. Carmel, Ill.
MT. CARMEL, Ill. (WFIE) - A Mount Carmel man was taken into custody for several meth charges on Wednesday morning.
According to Illinois State Police, authorities executed a narcotics search warrant on the 100 block of North Walnut Street in Mount Carmel at around 6 a.m.
Troopers say that 47-year-old Matthew Majors was arrested and taken to the Wabash County Jail.
ISP officials say this is part of an effort among several police departments to curb drug usage and violence in the area.
Majors is facing the following charges:
- One count of Aggravated Delivery of Methamphetamine (Class X felony)
- One count of Armed Violence (Class X felony)
- One count of Possession of Methamphetamine (Class 1 felony)
- One count of Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon (Class 3 felony)
- One count of Possession of Ammunition by a Felon (Class 3 felony)
Copyright 2023 WFIE. All rights reserved.