VCSO: Chase ends with crash into building, suspect in custody
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Evansville Central Dispatch confirms a police chase ended with a car wrecking into a building on Wednesday afternoon.
This happened near the intersection of Franklin Street and Fulton Avenue.
According to the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office, deputies spotted 36-year-old Carlos Gamboa near North Second Avenue and West Virginia Street. Deputies say Gamboa had two outstanding warrants for his arrest.
VCSO officials say a traffic stop was initiated and Gamboa drove off. Eventually, deputies say he lost control of his vehicle and hit a building and pole near Fulton Avenue and Franklin Street.
Gamboa was taken to the hospital for his injuries.
Officials say nearly 39 grams of suspected heroin, 2.5 grams of suspected methamphetamine and 16 Alprazolam pills (Schedule IV controlled substance) were found in the vehicle.
Gamboa is currently in deputy custody, but is awaiting booking into the Vanderburgh County jail due to his hospital stay. He’s facing the following charges:
- Resisting Law Enforcement a Level 6 Felony
- Dealing in a Narcotic Drug (Heroin) a Level 2 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine a Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Schedule IV substance as a Misdemeanor
- Hit and Run as a Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving as a Misdemeanor
- Resisting Law Enforcement as a Misdemeanor
- 2 Misdemeanor Failure to Appear Warrants
Copyright 2023 WFIE. All rights reserved.