Evansville Housing Authority holds Community Resource Fair
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - The Evansville Housing Authority hosted its second annual Community Resource Fair on Thursday.
Around 30 vendors gathered at the Kissel Community Center to provide resources to the community.
Some of the vendors provided information on college, mental health and employment, among other things.
Executive Director of Housing Authority Rick Moore says events like this are important because of their accessibility.
“Well you know we wanted to bring this service to our residents, so sometimes if you bring it here people will access it easier,” Moore said. “But we also open it up to the community. So it’s not only our residents in our building, but it’s for anyone who wants to come out and access these services.”
Moore says he believes these events are successful and hopes to continue them each year as long as providers are available.
The several exhibitors represented at the fair included the following:
- CenterPoint Energy Neighborhood Weatherization Program
- Albion Fellows Bacon Center
- Vanderburgh County Health Department
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Indiana Youth Services Association
- Catholic Charities, Building Blocks
- Ascension St. Vincent
- Matthew 25
- League of Women Voters
- Evansville Area Black Nurse Inc.
- Right to Life, AIDS Resource Group
- Healthcare Navigator Support Services
- Anthem, Familia Dental
- Care Source
- Boys and Girls Club
- Nourish Community Foods
- Evansville Fire Department
- Evansville African American Museum
- Southwestern Healthcare/Mental Awareness
- Workforce One
- EHA Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- German American Bank
Copyright 2022 WFIE. All rights reserved.