Mead Johnson parent company shares how they are fighting formula shortage
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - 14 News continues to reach out to Reckitt Beckiser, the parent company of Evansville’s Mead Johnson, to learn more on their efforts to combat the formula shortage.
Tuesday, we received the follow statement:
We have taken a number of measures to help boost supply of infant formula, including running our factories 24/7, shipping over 30% more product in Q1, increasing our speed to market and focusing our production on those products and sizes that allow us to provide the most feedings to market. As a result of these efforts, we are currently feeding 200K more babies than we were prior to the recall. In addition, we are working in partnership with the Administration and FDA to identify other ways to help ensure parents and infants have a steady supply of safe, high-quality formula.
- We are operating our plants 24/7 to accommodate demand
- We have shipped over 30% more product
- We have creased resources in our manufacturing and warehouse operations
- We are expediting order processing, to get more products into the hands of parents as quickly as possible
- We are re-assigning shipment locations, to speed up distribution regardless of territory
- We are sending out trucks with as much product as we have produced, rather than waiting until they’re entirely filled, to get the product on shelves faster
- Our retail partners are now prioritizing our trucks at their distribution centers, helping to get formula on shelves 40% faster than before the recall.
- We are working with the Administration to:
- Ensure we have the raw materials necessary to manufacture greater volumes of formula
- Expedite approval for new manufacturing capacity
- Lower the barriers to help the neediest families obtain a greater range of formulas
- We are working daily with state WIC agencies to ensure WIC consumers have access to product
- Drop-shipped thousands of cases of product to local WIC clinics to address emergency situations
Copyright 2022 WFIE. All rights reserved.