118 more Hoosiers die of COVID-19, every county in red
INDIANA (WFIE) - On Wednesday, the Indiana Department of Health reported 16,502 new COVID-19 cases and 118 new deaths.
The pandemic total in the state is 1,490,496 cases and 19,761 deaths.
Every county in the state is now in red for the weekly two-metric score.
The state map shows two of the state’s deaths were in Posey County and one was in Warrick County.
The map shows 748 new cases in Vanderburgh County, 386 new cases in Warrick County, 174 new cases in Dubois County, 82 new cases in Perry County, 83 new cases in Posey County, 181 new cases in Gibson County, 47 new cases in Spencer County, and 50 new cases in Pike County.
On Wednesday, Vanderburgh County set a new, single-day record for new coronavirus cases. The previous record was set just five days prior on January 14.
Here are the coronavirus totals in our part of Indiana:
- Vanderburgh Co. - 47,506 cases, 523 deaths
- Dubois Co. - 11,123 cases, 152 deaths
- Warrick Co. - 16,642 cases, 213 deaths
- Perry Co. - 3,767 cases, 55 deaths
- Posey Co. - 5,434 cases, 48 deaths
- Gibson Co. - 9,415 cases, 125 deaths
- Spencer Co. - 4,465 cases, 56 deaths
- Pike Co. - 3,162 cases, 45 deaths
Copyright 2022 WFIE. All rights reserved.