Advertisement

Crews called to morning house fire in Evansville

Published: Jan. 11, 2022 at 7:23 AM CST|Updated: Jan. 11, 2022 at 7:36 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Crews were called an Evansville house fire early Tuesday morning.

That happened in the 300 block of East Michigan Street near Lafayette Street.

Officials say they were called to the house around 5:30 a.m.

They say they found the fire coming from the attic and back wall of the house.

Authorities say the damage was contained to the back wall and rear structural components of the attic.

They tell us they put the fire out in about 20 minutes.

Authorities are classifying it as an accidental electrical fire.

A person inside the home had plugged in a space heater to warm up a bathroom. Officials say moments later, they smelled and saw smoke, discovering a fire in the bathroom.

People inside got out of the house before firefighters arrived. They say no one was hurt.

However, those two adults were displaced because of the fire.

The American Red Cross was called for help.

Copyright 2022 WFIE. All rights reserved.