Advertisement

Owensboro family loses house to fire

Published: Nov. 24, 2021 at 6:13 AM CST|Updated: Nov. 24, 2021 at 6:58 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

OWENSBORO, Ky. (WFIE) - An Owensboro family lost their home this holiday week to a fire.

It happened just before 4 p.m. Tuesday on Triplett Street.

Fire officials say those who lived at the house made it out safely. Robert Hall, the owner of the home, says he and his wife are taking it one step at a time.

“My wife and I are fine,” Hall said. “Material things don’t really mean much compared to life. We’re okay.”

Hall says he is grateful to the first responders who helped them throughout the situation.

“I really appreciate the Red Cross, the fire department, the police department,” Hall said. “Everyone stepped up so well. I just want to thank them.”

Hall says he is still looking forward to Thanksgiving.

“It’s a blessing that we didn’t get hurt,” Hall said. “So it’s going to be a good holiday. I’m just blessed that we didn’t get hurt.”

Owensboro fire officials say they believe the fire was accidental, and the flames originated on the front porch of Hall’s home. The fire department confirms this house fire is still an active investigation.

Hall says he and his wife has another place to stay in the meantime.

Copyright 2021 WFIE. All rights reserved.