Beshear: COVID hospitalizations down 19% over past week
KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Governor Andy Beshear held a Team Kentucky update Thursday.
You can watch that full update here.
Beshear said all COVID trends continue to be pretty positive.
However, COVID hospitalizations have decreased 19% over the last seven days.
He reported the state is down to 57 hospitals of 96 that are experiencing critical staffing shortages. Beshear also said the state now has 182 adult ICU beds available in the state
He says there are still 12 pediatric patients that are currently hospitalized, with four of them in the ICU and two on ventilators.
Governor Beshear is asking school leaders not to go with masks optional just yet despite the positive trends. He said he believes it is possible that schools can have masks optional later in the school year, but advises them to wait for the vaccine to become available for kids five to 11-years-old.
Kentucky residents can visit vaccine.ky.gov to find a vaccine location.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 16,293 cases, 254 deaths, 55.32% vaccinated
- Muhlenberg Co. - 5,517 cases, 87 deaths
- Hopkins Co. - 8,058 cases, 197 deaths
- Ohio Co. - 4,383 cases, 79 deaths, 39.75% vaccinated
- Henderson Co. - 7,697 cases, 101 deaths, 49.51% vaccinated
- Webster Co. - 2,416 cases, 34 deaths, 46.45% vaccinated
- McLean Co. - 1,413 cases, 39 deaths, 49.25% vaccinated
- Union Co. - 2,410 cases, 29 deaths, 40.03% vaccinated
- Hancock Co. - 1,319 cases, 18 deaths, 59.47% vaccinated
Copyright 2021 WFIE. All rights reserved.