KENTUCKY (WFIE) - On Saturday, the Green River District Health Department reported 21 additional COVID-19 cases.
Of those newly reported cases, health officials say nine are in Daviess County, four in Union County, three in Ohio County, two in Henderson and Hancock counties, and one in McLean County.
Out of the 20,167 reported COVID-19 cases in the district, health officials say 18,089 people have recovered.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported four new COVID-19 cases on Saturday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,778 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 2,650 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 74 active cases.
Gov. Andy Beshear hosted a virtual Team Kentucky COVID-19 memorial on Capitol grounds to honor the Kentuckians who have passed away from COVID-19. The ceremony marks one year since the first positive coronavirus case in the commonwealth.
“One year into our war against COVID-19 - Kentucky is a changed commonwealth, and we are changed people,” Gov. Beshear said. “We arrive at this moment battle-scarred, but resolute as we reflect on our losses, honor the sacrifices so many have endured, and press onward to ultimate victory over this virus.”
The governor went ahead to promise to Kentuckians that no victim of COVID-19 will be forgotten, and pledged to end the war against the virus as early as this year.
You can watch the full ceremony below.
Governor Beshear reported 840 new cases and 52 more deaths on Saturday.
The positivity rate currently stands at 4% statewide.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 9,582 cases, 160 deaths, 8,647 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,778 cases, 54 deaths, 2,650 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,865 cases, 127 deaths, 3,537 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 2,379 cases, 48 deaths, 2,128 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 4,245 cases, 60 deaths, 3,732 recovered
- Webster Co. - 1,144 cases, 17 deaths, 1,012 recovered
- McLean Co. - 824 cases, 26 deaths, 752 recovered
- Union Co. - 1,220 cases, 13 deaths, 1,120 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 773 cases, 15 deaths, 698 recovered