TRI-STATE (WFIE) - The Tri-State has seen rain over the past 24 hours cause some flooding on area roads.
Our 14 News photographers captured video while covering stories Sunday.
Some footage shows high water at the intersection of Covert Avenue and Marshall Avenue in Evansville. Another video displayed similar conditions near the Burger King at the Highway 41-Covert Avenue intersection.
While driving out on the roads, officials urge to take it slow just in case people run into high water during their commute.
Sunday’s weather was also to blame for a power outage that left an entire Evansville neighborhood in the dark.
This outage happened between Boeke Road and South Saint James Boulevard.
Vectren officials told 14 News the weather caused a tree to fall to the ground, bringing down a power line along with it.
Tree trimmers were needed before power could be restored.
Officials say the project took around 2.5 hours to complete.
Similar weather-related issues also occurred in Kentucky on Sunday.
The Kentucky Transporation Cabinet provided the following updates on road conditions in our counties:
- KY 298 is CLOSED at the 2 - 3mm with high water ( this section is between U.S. 231 and U.S 431)
- KY 3543 is OPEN with high water between 0 - 1mm
- KY 2181 is OPEN with high water between 4 - 5mm
- KY 271 is OPEN with high water between 3 - 4mm
KY 812 is CLOSED with high water between 4 - 5mm
KY 502 is OPEN with high water between 1- 3mm and 4 - 5mm
KY 1033 is OPEN with high water between 1 - 3mm
- KY 270 is CLOSED with high water between 7.3 - 8.3mm
- KY 132 is OPEN between 12 - 13mm
- KY 138 is OPEN between 10.3 - 10.8mm