KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 1,017 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 18 additional deaths on Wednesday afternoon.
Kentucky is reporting that 391,772 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 6.99% statewide.
As of Wednesday, 4,336 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
The Green River District Health Department reported one new COVID-19 related death and 51 additional cases on Wednesday.
Of those new cases, 35 are in Daviess County, there are five in both Henderson and Union Counties, two in both Hancock and McLean Counties, and one new case in both Ohio and Webster Counties.
Green River health officials say the new death was a resident of Union County.
The district has had 19,574 total cases since the coronavirus pandemic began. Of those that tested positive, officials say 16,577 residents have recovered.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported seven new COVID-19 cases and one additional death on Wednesday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,688 total cases and 51 deaths. Out of these reported cases, 2,553 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 84 active cases.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing 27 new cases and no new deaths since the last time they updated their numbers on February 12.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the county has recorded 3,767 total cases. Out of those positive cases, 3,242 residents have recovered.
Hopkins County currently has 398 active cases in the community.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 9,216 cases, 149 deaths, 7,821 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,688 cases, 51 deaths, 2,553 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,767 cases, 127 deaths, 3,242 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 2,292 cases, 47 deaths, 1,965 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 4,170 cases, 57 deaths, 3,441 recovered
- Webster Co. - 1,130 cases, 17 deaths, 953 recovered
- McLean Co. - 808 cases, 26 deaths, 707 recovered
- Union Co. - 1,199 cases, 13 deaths, 1,060 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 759 cases, 15 deaths, 630 recovered