EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Vanderburgh County Dispatch confirms to 14 News that crews responded to a working house fire.
They say it’s in the 1900 block of S New York Ave.
We are told the call came in at 9:10 a.m. for a wood burner on fire. EFD says when crews arrived, they saw smoke showing at the eaves.
Fire officials tell 14 News that the fire was found in the walls around the chimney pipe for the wood burner and extended into the attic.
The fire was considered fully extinguished at 9:18 a.m.
Fire officials say the Red Cross was called to assist three occupants that are now displaced. They also say there is significant damage to the dining room walls and ceiling in the middle of the home along with smoke damage throughout the residence.