KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 1,440 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 42 additional deaths on Friday afternoon.
Kentucky is reporting that 386,326 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 6.95% statewide.
As of Friday, 4,253 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
“It looks like we’re going to have fewer cases than last week which would give us five straight weeks of declining cases. The positivity rate also continues to decline,” Gov. Beshear said. “This says you’re doing the right things and we’re headed in the right direction. But even if you’ve been vaccinated, we have to continue to wear masks and social distance until we can defeat this thing once and for all.”
On Friday, the Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing three new deaths and 33 more cases. The health department didn’t update their COVID-19 numbers Thursday due to the weather.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the county has recorded 3,740 total cases. Out of those cases, 3,042 residents have recovered.
Hopkins County currently has 571 active cases in the community.
The Green River District Health Department reported 108 new cases but no new deaths.
Of those new cases, 70 are in Daviess County, 21 are in Henderson County, five are in Hancock County, four are in Webster County, there are three in both Ohio and Union Counties, and two new cases in McLean County.
Green River health officials say they have had 19,305 total cases since the start of the pandemic. Of those cases, 16,018 residents of the seven-county region have recovered.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 9,058 cases, 146 deaths, 7,529 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,665 cases, 50 deaths, 2,508 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,740 cases, 127 deaths, 3,042 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 2,260 cases, 46 deaths, 1,901 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 4,125 cases, 57 deaths, 3,346 recovered
- Webster Co. - 1,118 cases, 16 deaths, 903 recovered
- McLean Co. - 803 cases, 26 deaths, 687 recovered
- Union Co. - 1,191 cases, 12 deaths, 1,042 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 750 cases, 14 deaths, 610 recovered