KENTUCKY (WFIE) - During the state’s coronavirus update, Gov. Andy Beshear announced 2,424 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 47 additional deaths on Wednesday afternoon.
Kentucky is reporting that 352,943 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 9.35% statewide.
As of Wednesday, 3,542 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
Beshear said he will announce more information on the state’s regional vaccine partners and the first Kroger Health regional vaccination center on Thursday.
You can watch Gov. Beshear’s full briefing in the video below:
On Wednesday, the Green River District Health Department reported five new COVID-19 related deaths and 182 additional cases.
Of those new cases, 105 are in Daviess County, 24 are in Henderson County, 15 are in Ohio County, 13 are in Hancock County, 10 are in Union County, nine are in McLean County and six are in Webster County.
Green River health officials say the new deaths included two residents of Ohio County, and one resident from each Daviess, Henderson and Webster counties.
The district has now recorded a total of 17,363 residents who have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Of those, officials say 13,214 residents have recovered.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported five new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,517 total cases and 49 deaths. Out of these reported cases, 2,321 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 147 active cases.
Hopkins County coronavirus dashboard is showing 31 new cases Wednesday. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the county has had 3,503 confirmed cases. Of those cases, they have had 2,287 recoveries.
Hopkins County currently has 1,009
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 7,957 cases, 134 deaths, 6,022 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,517 cases, 49 deaths, 2,321 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,503 cases, 117 deaths, 2,287 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 2,082 cases, 44 deaths, 1,583 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,786 cases, 56 deaths, 2,878 recovered
- Webster Co. - 1,002 cases, 16 deaths, 756 recovered
- McLean Co. - 733 cases, 25 deaths, 562 recovered
- Union Co. - 1,127 cases, 10 deaths, 917 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 676 cases, 14 deaths, 496 recovered