EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Evansville fire officials say a detached garage is likely a total loss after a Monday night fire.
Crews were called to that fire just after 6:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of Gilbert Avenue.
Crews were able to put the fire out shortly after arriving.
However, they say the garage is likely a total loss, and all contents inside the garage suffered heavy heat or flame damage.
Authorities say a man was trying to refill a generator while it was running. That’s when they say the gas splashed onto the exhaust and caught fire.
They say that person did suffer a burn to the hand.
According to authorities, the fire will be classified as accidental.