ILLINOIS (WFIE) - Illinois health officials are reporting 4,776 new coronavirus cases and 53 additional deaths Monday.
The total of confirmed cases in the state sits at 1,033,526 along with 17,627 total deaths.
The state map shows 14 new cases in Wayne County, two new cases in White County, and one new case in both Wabash and Edwards County.
Governor Pritzker is giving a COVID-19 briefing at 2:30 p.m.
You can watch it live here.
Governor Pritzker says 334,939 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered.
Starting Friday, Governor Pritzker says counties can move to a new tier mitigation if their county has the following:
- The test positivity rate is below 12% for three consecutive days. (7-day rolling average)
- Greater than 20% available staffed ICU and hospital beds for three consecutive days. (3-day rolling average)
- A decline in the number of people in the hospital battling COVID-19 for seven out of ten days. (7-day rolling average)
Here is the total number of coronavirus cases and deaths reported in our area:
- Wayne County - 1,450 cases, 41 deaths
- White County - 1,275 cases, 22 deaths
- Wabash County - 1,128 cases, 11 deaths
- Edwards County - 446 cases, 7 deaths