KENTUCKY (WFIE) - On Friday, the Green River District Health Department reported five more COVID-19 related deaths and 239 additional cases.
Of those new cases, 135 are in Daviess County, 39 are in Henderson County, 16 are in Webster County, another 16 are in Hancock, 13 are in Union County, 11 are in Ohio County, and there are nine new cases in McLean County.
Green River health officials say those new coronavirus-related deaths include a resident of Daviess County, a resident of Hancock County, a resident of Henderson County, a resident of McLean County, and a resident of Ohio County.
The district reported 14,115 confirmed cases since the pandemic began. Officials say of those cases, 10,368 people have made recoveries.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing 34 new cases Friday. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the county has recorded a total of 3,034 cases. Of those cases, 1,913 residents have recovered and 109 have died.
Hopkins County currently has 1,087 active cases.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported 26 new COVID-19 cases on Friday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,227 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 1,872 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 316 active cases.
Governor Andy Beshear also gave a COVID-19 update Friday afternoon.
During that update, he announced that 107,799 vaccines have been administered statewide. That’s up from 66,582 that was reported on January 5.
Governor Beshear also said that Friday was the third-highest day for new positive cases, announcing 4,750 new cases.
The state positivity rate now sits at 11.93%.
They also gave an update on vaccinations in long-term care facilities. You find those numbers below.
You can watch the governor’s full Friday update in the video below.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 6,342 cases, 107 deaths, 4,621 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,227 cases, 39 deaths, 1,872 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,034 cases, 109 deaths, 1,913 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,685 cases, 33 deaths, 1,244 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,163 cases, 52 deaths, 2,331 recovered
- Webster Co. - 835 cases, 13 deaths, 586 recovered
- McLean Co. - 594 cases, 23 deaths, 446 recovered
- Union Co. - 970 cases, 9 deaths, 794 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 526 cases, 13 deaths, 346 recovered