KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 4,911 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 37 additional deaths on Thursday afternoon.
Kentucky is reporting that 291,430 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 11.9% statewide.
As of Thursday, 2,843 residents have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
On Thursday, the Green River District Health Department reported three new COVID-19 related deaths and 267 more cases.
Of those new cases, 138 are in Daviess County, 38 are in Henderson County, 32 are in Ohio County, 23 are in Hancock County, 17 are in Webster County, 14 are in McLean County, and there are five new cases in Union County.
Green River health officials say those three coronavirus-related deaths were residents of Daviess County.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the district has recorded a total of 13,876 cases. Of those cases, officials say 10,303 people have recovered.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing four new deaths and 33 more cases. With these new cases, the county has now hit 3,000 total cases since the start of the pandemic. Of those confirmed cases, 1,892 residents have recovered from the virus.
Hopkins County currently has 999 active cases.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported 35 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,201 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 1,871 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 291 active cases.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 6,207 cases, 106 deaths, 4,593 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,201 cases, 39 deaths, 1,871 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 3,000 cases, 109 deaths, 1,892 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,674 cases, 32 deaths, 1,235 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,124 cases, 51 deaths, 2,314 recovered
- Webster Co. - 819 cases, 13 deaths, 582 recovered
- McLean Co. - 585 cases, 22 deaths, 443 recovered
- Union Co. - 957 cases, 9 deaths, 791 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 510 cases, 12 deaths, 345 recovered