HOPKINS CO., Ky. (WFIE) - On Wednesday, the Green River District Health Department is reporting seven more COVID-19 related death and 190 additional cases.
Of those new cases, 71 are in Daviess County, 48 are in Ohio County, 31 are in Henderson County, 18 are in Hancock County, 13 are in Webster County, seven are in McLean County, and there are two new cases in Union County.
Those new coronavirus-related deaths include four residents of Daviess County, two residents of Ohio County, and one resident of Henderson County.
Green River health officials say they have recorded 13,609 total cases since the start of the pandemic. Officials say of those confirmed cases, 10,209 residents in the district have recovered from the virus.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported 34 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,166 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 1,856 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 271 active cases.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing 62 new cases Wednesday. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the county has had 2,967 total cases. Of those, 1,876 residents have made recoveries.
They currently have 986 active cases.
Leaders in Hopkins County also gave a coronavirus update Wednesday morning.
You can watch that update here.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 6,069 cases, 103 deaths, 4,549 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,166 cases, 39 deaths, 1,856 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 2,967 cases, 105 deaths, 1,876 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,642 cases, 32 deaths, 1,218 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,086 cases, 51 deaths, 2,298 recovered
- Webster Co. - 802 cases, 13 deaths, 580 recovered
- McLean Co. - 571 cases, 22 deaths, 442 recovered
- Union Co. - 952 cases, 9 deaths, 786 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 487 cases, 12 deaths, 336 recovered