KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Governor Andy Beshear is holding a coronavirus briefing at 3 p.m.
Governor Beshear gives an update on vaccine allocations for the week of January 4 and January 11. The total number of vaccine allocations for those two weeks sit at 110,800.
He says 66,582 vaccines have been administered.
Governor Beshear reports 1,781 new coronavirus cases and 23 additional deaths.
The positivity rate sits at 11.4%.
You can watch it live below.
On Tuesday, the Green River District Health Department reported 248 additional cases.
Of those new cases, 129 are in Daviess County, 46 are in Henderson County, 25 are in Ohio County, 16 are in Webster County, 12 are in McLean County, 11 are in Hancock County, and there are nine new cases in Union County.
Green River health officials say they have recorded 13,419 total cases since the start of the pandemic, saying of those cases, 10,103 residents have recovered from the virus.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing 59 new cases Tuesday. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Hopkins County has reported a total of 2,905 cases. Of those cases, 1,876 people have made recoveries.
Hopkins County currently has 924 active cases.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 5,998 cases, 99 deaths, 4,493 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,114 cases, 38 deaths, 1,794 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 2,905 cases, 105 deaths, 1,876 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,594 cases, 30 deaths, 1,208 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,055 cases, 50 deaths, 2,270 recovered
- Webster Co. - 789 cases, 13 deaths, 574 recovered
- McLean Co. - 564 cases, 22 deaths, 441 recovered
- Union Co. - 950 cases, 9 deaths, 784 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 469 cases, 12 deaths, 333 recovered