KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Kentucky Governor Beshear is scheduled to give a COVID-19 briefing at 3 p.m.
Governor Beshear reports 2,319 new coronavirus cases.
He says the positivity rate sits at 11.2%.
The Governor also announces 26 additional deaths in the Commonwealth.
Governor Beshear states 60,414 total vaccine doses have been administered.
Dr. Stack reveals the new additional vaccine phases.
As a reminder, Governor Beshear and Dr. Stack revealed the first two phases in December.
- Phase 1A includes long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities and healthcare personnel.
- Phase 1B includes first responders, anyone over the age of 70 and K-12 school personnel.
The new vaccine phases start with Phase 1C.
- In this phase, anyone over the age of 60, those who are older than 16 with CDC highest risk conditions and all essential workers.
- Phase 2 will be anyone over the age of 40 while Phase 3 includes anyone over the age of 16.
- Dr. Stack says Phase 4 will be children under the age of 16 if the vaccine is approved for this age group.
Dr. Stack clarifies who is in each vaccine phase.
You can watch it live below.
On Monday, the Green River District Health Department reported eight new COVID-19 related deaths and 421 additional cases since New Year’s Eve.
Of those new cases, 147 are in Daviess County, 119 are in Henderson County, 64 are in Ohio County, 37 are in Webster County, 26 are in Union County, 17 are in Hancock County, and there are 11 new cases in McLean County.
Green River health officials say the new COVID-19 related deaths include seven residents of Daviess County and one resident of Henderson County.
The district has seen a total of 13,171 positive cases since the pandemic started. Health officials say of those recorded, 9,832 recovered from the virus.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing three more deaths and 177 new cases since the last time they updated on December 30.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, they have had 2,846 confirmed cases. Of those cases, 1,876 people have recovered.
Hopkins County currently has 793 active cases.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reports one new death and 68 additional COVID-19 cases.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 5,869 cases, 99 deaths, 4,217 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,114 cases, 38 deaths, 1,794 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 2,846 cases, 105 deaths, 1,876 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,569 cases, 30 deaths, 1,182 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 3,009 cases, 50 deaths, 2,147 recovered
- Webster Co. - 773 cases, 13 deaths, 560 recovered
- McLean Co. - 552 cases, 22 deaths, 431 recovered
- Union Co. - 941 cases, 9 deaths, 769 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 458 cases, 12 deaths, 318 recovered