TRI-STATE (WFIE) - Schools around the Tri-State are resuming class this week.
14 News has been reaching out to several of our districts on Sunday afternoon for the latest plans.
The Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, the Warrick County School Corporation, Owensboro Public Schools and Henderson County Public Schools resumed Monday.
The school calendar shows EVSC students returned to its classrooms on Monday for in-person learning.
EVSC Public Information Officer Jason Woebkenberg says there are more than 2,400 students currently enrolled in the EVSC Virtual Learning Academy. He expects around 300 of those students to return to in-person instruction when the second semester officially begins in two weeks.
“Our schools have worked so diligently, our students have risen to the occasion, even our youngest students doing what needs to be done to remain safe,” said Woebkenberg. “I think just moving forward knowing we’ve been successful, and looking to see how we can return to that normal school environment and see that light at the end of the tunnel.”
The same applies to Warrick County Schools as the plan is to open in-person for all grades. Students will still have the option to learn virtually.
WCSC Superintendent Brad Schneider is also allowing middle school athletics and extracurricular activities to begin Monday.
In Owensboro, the city school district will start virtually Monday. School officials say virtual learning will run until the end of the first semester on January 13.
So far, no decision has been made on the school district’s plans from January 14 and forward.
Leaders with the Henderson County School District say they will be using non-traditional instruction starting Monday, January 4 through Friday, January 8. This will be done with WIFI buses, which are spread out across the community.
Daviess County Public Schools will go back Tuesday with all grades continuing remote learning. School officials say the elementary and middle schools will resume the A/B schedule on January 11 while high schools will move to the A/B schedule on January 19.
Here’s a full list of return dates for Tri-State Schools.
- EVSC – January 4
- Evansville Catholic – January 4
- Warrick County – January 4 – in-person
- North Posey- January 4 – in-person
- Mt. Vernon- January 5
- Jasper – January 4 – in-person
- Pike County – January 4 - PreK-12 remote learning through January 13, January 14 – Regular in-person
- North Spencer – January 4 – In-person
- South Spencer – January 4 – In-person
- Perry Central – January 4 – Hybrid model until January 15
- Tell City-Troy Township – January 4 – not sure on in-person
- Northeast Dubois Co. – January 4 – jr./high schools virtual, elementary in-person
- Ohio County – January 4, Hybrid Schedule
- Hopkins County – January 4 – online learning until January 15th, January 18th. January 19th - hybrid method in-person
- Henderson County – January 4 – virtual
- Daviess County – January 5 - virtual
- Owensboro Public Schools – January 4 - virtual
- Owensboro Catholic – January 5 – K-12 In-person
- Union County – Phased in-person opening January 4
- Webster County – January 5 – remote learning, January 11 – in-person hybrid
- Muhlenberg County – January 4 -Virtual learning, January 11 – in-person hybrid
- McLean County – January 4 – Virtual Learning, January 11 – in-person hybrid