KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 2,860 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 25 additional deaths on Sunday afternoon.
Kentucky is reporting that 276,826 people have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 11.1% statewide.
As of Sunday, 2,723 residents have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported eight new COVID-19 cases on Sunday.
This brings the countywide number to 2,046 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 1,794 residents have fully recovered.
Muhlenberg County now has 214 active cases.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 5,603 cases, 90 deaths, 4,217 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 2,046 cases, 37 deaths, 1,794 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 2,669 cases, 102 deaths, 1,846 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 1,486 cases, 30 deaths, 1,157 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 2,876 cases, 48 deaths, 2,147 recovered
- Webster Co. - 728 cases, 13 deaths, 552 recovered
- McLean Co. - 533 cases, 22 deaths, 416 recovered
- Union Co. - 909 cases, 9 deaths, 746 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 428 cases, 12 deaths, 309 recovered