Advertisement

Evansville auto business fire ruled as accidental

Updated: Dec. 22, 2020 at 12:22 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Crews were called to a fire around 10:15 a.m. Monday.

It happened at 2100 S. Weinbach, which is The Muffler & Auto Express.

Fire officials tell us that people were inside when the fire broke out.

An investigator with the Evansville Fire Department says three workers were inside the bay area, working on two different vehicles at the time of the fire.

One worker reported seeing a fire off to the side of him as he and another worker were transferring gasoline from a fuel tank.

Fire officials say fire spread to the area where the other workers were standing, but all three workers escaped under their own power.

However, fire officials say that all three of them had singed hair and two had minor burns.

One worker was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

Authorities tell us that the cause of the fire is accidental.

Copyright 2020 WFIE. All rights reserved.