INDIANA (WFIE) - The Indiana State Department of Health reported 6,844 new positive cases and 22 new COVID-19 related deaths on Sunday.
The total number of coronavirus cases in the state now sits at 251,597 along with 4,660 total COVID-19 related deaths.
According to the state map, there are 158 new coronavirus cases in Vanderburgh County, 64 cases in Warrick County, 47 cases in Gibson County, 21 cases in Dubois County, 17 cases in Posey County, 16 cases in Perry County, 12 cases in Spencer County, eight cases in Pike County.
On Friday, Governor Holcomb signed Executive Order 20-48 to implement pandemic requirements for all Hoosiers and targeted restrictions for counties that have high levels of COVID-19.
The executive order is now in effect and will run until at least Saturday, Dec. 12.
Social gatherings are now limited based on the number of cases per county. For those in the orange, like most in our viewing area, gatherings are limited to 50 people.
For those in the red, like Perry County, gatherings are limited to 25 people.
Here are the coronavirus totals in our part of Indiana.
- Vanderburgh Co. - 8,226 cases, 99 deaths
- Dubois Co. - 2,065 cases, 29 deaths
- Warrick Co. - 2,769 cases, 69 deaths
- Perry Co. - 728 cases, 20 deaths
- Posey Co. - 1,043 cases, 13 deaths
- Gibson Co. - 1,439 cases, 18 deaths
- Spencer Co. - 670 cases, 7 deaths
- Pike Co. - 452 cases, 18 deaths