KY surpasses 1,600 total COVID-19 deaths
Green River District reports 139 new COVID-19 cases
KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 2,700 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 14 additional deaths on Wednesday afternoon.
Kentucky is currently reporting that 127,346 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 8.12% statewide.
As of Wednesday, 1,604 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
You can watch Gov. Beshear’s full Wednesday update in the video below:
On Wednesday, the Green River District Health Department reported 139 new COVID-19 cases.
Of those new cases, 64 are in Daviess County, 22 are in Henderson County, 17 are in Hancock County, 15 are in Webster County, 11 are in Ohio County, and there are five new cases in both McLean and Union counties.
Green River health officials say they have had 6,228 reported cases and 4,939 recoveries since the beginning of the pandemic.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department is reporting nine new coronavirus cases. Health officials say there are now 91 active cases in the county.
The city of Henderson released the following COVID-19 guidelines on Thursday:
At this time, the Hopkins County Health Department has not updated its coronavirus dashboard from Tuesday.
As of their last update, they have had a total of 1,359 cases and 885 recoveries.
All of our local Kentucky counties are in the red as of Wednesday morning, according to the state’s dashboard.
Governor Andy Beshear is recommending those areas to follow guidelines like limiting time around others, using curbside pickup, working from home, and getting take out.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 2,453 cases, 34 deaths, 1,964 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 1,111 cases, 18 deaths, 992 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 1,359 cases, 44 deaths, 885 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 726 cases, 11 deaths, 598 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 1,591 cases, 36 deaths, 1,235 recovered
- Webster Co. - 403 cases, 5 deaths, 309 recovered
- McLean Co. - 280 cases, 9 deaths, 202 recovered
- Union Co. - 576 cases, 6 deaths, 494 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 199 cases, 6 deaths, 137 recovered
Copyright 2020 WFIE. All rights reserved.