KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Governor Andy Beshear gave a coronavirus update at 3 p.m.
The Kentucky governor is reporting 2,120 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total in the Commonwealth to 124,646 cases.
Governor Beshear states the positivity rate sits at 7.68%.
He says 14 new Kentuckians have died due to the virus. The total number of lives lost from COVID-19 in the Commonwealth sits at 1,590.
Dr. Stack releases guidance Kentuckians are urged to take for Thanksgiving.
You can watch it live below.
On Tuesday, the Green River District Health Department reported two more COVID-19 related deaths, and 147 new cases, which is another signal day high for the district.
Of those new cases, 56 are in Daviess County, 40 are in Henderson County, 22 are in Ohio County, 17 are in Union County, six are in Webster County, five are in McLean County, and there’s one new case in Hancock County.
Green River health officials say the COVID-19 related deaths were a resident of Daviess County and a resident of McLean County.
The district has had a total of 6,089 reported cases. They have had 4,860 residents recover from the virus.
The Hopkins County Health Department’s coronavirus dashboard is showing another death and 36 new cases. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Hopkins County has had 1,359 confirmed cases and 885 recoveries.
They currently have 430 active cases.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department is reporting 30 new COVID-19 cases. They say they currently have 83 active cases.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 2,389 cases, 34 deaths, 1,935 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 1,102 cases, 18 deaths, 992 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 1,359 cases, 44 deaths, 885 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 715 cases, 11 deaths, 595 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 1,569 cases, 36 deaths, 1,216 recovered
- Webster Co. - 388 cases, 5 deaths, 306 recovered
- McLean Co. - 275 cases, 9 deaths, 183 recovered
- Union Co. - 571 cases, 6 deaths, 491 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 182 cases, 6 deaths, 134 recovered