KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 1,457 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 16 additional deaths on Friday afternoon.
Kentucky is currently reporting that 93,756 residents have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The positivity rate currently stands at 5.34% statewide.
As of Friday, 1,396 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
You can watch Gov. Beshear’s full Friday update in the video below:
On Friday, the Green River District Health Department is reporting two more COVID-19 related deaths and 64 new cases.
Of those new cases, 30 are in Daviess County, 17 are in Henderson County, 10 are in McLean County, five are in Ohio County, and two are in Union County.
Green River health officials say the new coronavirus deaths were a Daviess County resident and a Henderson County resident.
The district has had a total of 4,765 confirmed cases since the start of the pandemic. They have had 3,973 recoveries.
The Hopkins County Health Department reported 22 additional cases Friday. They have had a total of 999 confirmed positive cases and 737 recoveries.
Hopkins County currently has 220 active cases.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported 10 new COVID-19 cases on Friday.
This brings the countywide number to 974 total cases. Out of these reported cases, 891 residents have fully recovered.
The Health Department is offering free COVID-19 testing at the Beechmont Community Center on Monday, as well as at the Nelson Creek Missionary Baptist Church on Wednesday. To schedule an appointment, contact health officials by calling 270-754-3200.
Here are the all-time totals of confirmed positive cases and deaths in our area of Kentucky:
- Daviess Co. - 1,850 cases, 29 deaths, 1,626 recovered
- Muhlenberg Co. - 974 cases, 14 deaths, 891 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 977 cases, 42 deaths, 725 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 601 cases, 9 deaths, 514 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 1,243 cases, 30 deaths, 968 recovered
- Webster Co. - 291 cases, 5 deaths, 238 recovered
- McLean Co. - 174 cases, 3 deaths, 112 recovered
- Union Co. - 489 cases, 6 deaths, 422 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 117 cases, 2 deaths, 93 recovered