Grill causes fire at Evansville home

Dispatch: Crews respond to structure fire near Elliott St. and Stringtown Rd.

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Fire crews were called to the area of Stringtown Road and Elliott Street Sunday evening.

Dispatch officials say the call originally came in around 5:24 p.m. at 1415 N. Elliot Street.

Fire officials say they found a large deck on fire at the rear of a home.

They say the fire was contained to the exterior and took about five minutes to put out.

Officials say the cause of the fire is accidental due to a charcoal grill left unattended.

There was damage to the power lines which were cut by Vectren.

Officials say the fire also cause exterior damage to the garage at 1413 N. Elliot.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 WFIE. All rights reserved.