KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is giving his coronavirus update.
Kentucky is reporting the 2nd largest single day of new positive cases, 674 cases Gov. Beshear says of those 674 cases, 22 are kids under the age of five.
The total in the state is 24,060.
6,927 Kentuckians have recovered from the virus.
Gov. Beshear announces three new deaths.
Lt. Gov. gives an education update.
You can watch it live below.
The Green River District Health Department is reporting 21 additional COVID-19 cases.
Of those new cases, nine are in Daviess County, nine are in Henderson County, two are in Webster County and one is Union County.
Green River health officials say they now have a total of 1,307 confirmed positive cases. They say they’ve had 1,051 recoveries (80%).
The Hopkins County Health Department website is showing no new cases Tuesday. They have had a total of 347 cases with 252 recoveries.
The Green River District Health Department is offering free COVID-19 testing this week. To schedule an appointment, visit the GRDHD website.
Here are the current numbers in our area of Kentucky:
- Muhlenberg Co. - 591 cases, 9 deaths, 537 recovered
- Daviess Co. - 578 cases, 7 deaths, 481 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 347 cases, 34 deaths, 252 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 309 cases, 1 death, 233 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 246 cases, 4 deaths, 201 recovered
- Webster Co. - 65 cases, 49 recovered
- McLean Co. - 37 cases, 1 death, 29 recovered
- Union Co. - 37 cases, 29 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 33 cases, 24 recovered