KENTUCKY (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 316 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and one additional death on Saturday afternoon.
Kentucky is currently reporting that 15,167 people have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Out of these cases, 3,730 residents have fully recovered from the virus.
As of Saturday, 554 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
The Green River District reports 15 additional positive cases of COVID-19.
Health officials confirm that four are in Daviess County, one in Hancock County, six in Henderson County, three in Ohio County and one in Union County.
Officials say 768 of those cases have recovered.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reports two newly confirmed cases of COVID-19.
This brings the countywide number to 514 total cases. Out of these cases, 470 people have fully recovered.
Here are the current numbers in our area of Kentucky:
- Muhlenberg Co. - 514 cases, 8 deaths
- Hopkins Co. - 240 cases, 33 deaths, 189 recovered
- Daviess Co. - 413 cases, 7 deaths, 355 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 197 cases, 174 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 161 cases, 4 deaths, 143 recovered
- Webster Co. - 39 cases, 37 recovered
- McLean Co. - 26 cases, 1 death, 25 recovered
- Union Co. - 26 cases, 21 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 18 cases, 13 recovered