KENTUCKY. (WFIE) - Gov. Andy Beshear announced 256 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 and seven additional deaths on Friday afternoon.
Kentucky is currently reporting that 14,859 people have tested positive since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Out of these cases, 3,730 residents have fully recovered from the virus.
As of Friday, 553 people have died across the commonwealth due to complications with COVID-19.
On Thursday, Hopkins County updated their dashboard to show five additional cases. Friday’s update showed one more.
On Friday, Green River District Health Department (GRDHD) reported five additional confirmed COVID-19 cases – two in Daviess County, one in Hancock County, one in Ohio County and one in Union County.
GRDHD is offering free COVID-19 testing.
Here are the current numbers in our area of Kentucky:
- Muhlenberg Co. - 510 cases, 8 deaths
- Hopkins Co. - 240 cases, 33 deaths, 189 recovered
- Daviess Co. - 409 cases, 7 deaths, 354 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 194 cases, 174 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 155 cases, 4 deaths, 141 recovered
- Webster Co. - 39 cases, 36 recovered
- McLean Co. - 26 cases, 1 death, 25 recovered
- Union Co. - 25 cases, 20 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 17 cases, 13 recovered