INDIANA (WFIE) - The Indiana Department of Health has updated their coronavirus map.
It now shows 43,140 total confirmed positive cases and 2,386 deaths.
That’s up from Tuesday’s 42,871 total confirmed positive cases and 2,377 deaths.
Locally, the map shows, 12 new cases in Vanderburgh County, four new cases in Dubois County, two new cases in Gibson County, and two new cases in Spencer County.
Here are the coronavirus cases in our part of Indiana.
- Vanderburgh Co. - 359 cases, 6 deaths
- Dubois Co. - 256 cases, 6 deaths
- Warrick Co. - 182 cases, 29 deaths
- Perry Co. - 109 cases, 4 deaths
- Posey Co. - 26 cases
- Gibson Co. - 29 cases, 2 deaths
- Spencer Co. - 27 cases, 1 death
- Pike Co. - 6 cases
Gov. Eric Holcomb and other state leaders gave an update Wednesday.
Lieutenant Gov. Suzanne Crouch introduced the Indiana COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program. It’s designed to assist 12,000 Hoosiers by providing up to $500 for four months to cover rent.
Applicants do have to meet the following requirements:
- Lost their job or part of their income due to COVID-19
- Current household income, including unemployment, is less than the household income on March 6
- Have not received rental assistance from another source
Applications will be accepted beginning July 13 at 9 a.m.
Click here to apply.
You can watch Gov. Holcomb’s full Wednesday press conference in the video below: