DAVIESS CO., Ky. (WFIE) - A county resident who recently had his home destroyed in a fire is telling his story.
Around 2:13 a.m. on Tuesday, Nate Warren woke up to the sound of popping and cracking, which he initially thought was a raccoon in his attic.
After getting out of bed, Warren could see a bright orange glow coming from his home. He left the residence, saw a passerby stop and called 911 from there.
His cousin, who’s a member of the St. Joseph Fire Department, was first on scene.
The St. Joseph Fire Department, along with other departments from the county, worked to stop the fire as it quickly spread. Sadly, the house is a total loss.
“Yeah, it is an amazing feeling to have everybody come out and support you like that - it’s a blessing," Warren said. "I am just blessed that I have that.”
A benefit is being planned by members of the community to help Warren during his time of need.
It’s currently scheduled to take place behind his residence on Friday night.