KENTUCKY (WFIE) - During his daily coronavirus update, Gov. Andy Beshear confirmed 135 new COVID-19 cases and 10 additional deaths on Thursday afternoon.
Kentucky is currently reporting 8,286 total cases across the commonwealth. Out of these reported cases, 3,008 people have fully recovered from the virus.
As of Thursday, 386 residents in Kentucky have died from complications with COVID-19.
According to the Governor, 166,240 coronavirus tests have been administered throughout the state, including more than 7,500 tests over the last 24 hours.
You can watch Gov. Beshear’s full Thursday press conference in the video below:
On Thursday, the Green River District Health Department reported that 10 more people have tested positive for COVID-19.
Of those new cases, there are four in Daviess County, three in Henderson County, and three in Ohio County.
Green River health officials say their district-wide total sits at 609 cases. They say 444 people have now recovered.
According to the Hopkins County coronavirus page, they have no new cases or deaths in the county. They still have a total of 217 cases and 27 deaths. The web page also shows that 159 people have recovered.
The Muhlenberg County Health Department reported one new confirmed case of COVID-19 on Thursday.
This brings the countywide number to 481 total cases. Out of these reported cases, health officials said that 66 community members and 60 people at Green River Correctional Complex
Here are the case numbers for our Kentucky counties.
- Muhlenberg Co. - 481 cases, 7 deaths
- Daviess Co. - 295 cases, 5 deaths, 226 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 217 cases, 27 deaths, 159 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 144 cases, 85 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 101 cases, 4 deaths, 73 recovered
- Webster Co. - 33 cases, 28 recovered
- McLean Co. - 21 cases, 1 death, 18 recovered
- Union Co. - 9 cases, 8 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 6 cases, 6 recovered
These are the numbers for food plant workers in our area reported Thursday. Please note the worker could live in another county and would count towards county numbers there.
- Perdue Farms, Ohio County (293 positive employees, 1 employee death)
- Specialty Food Group, Daviess County (41 positive employees)
- Tyson Foods (Green River), Henderson County (99 positive employees)