KENTUCKY (WFIE) - KY Gov. Beshear is giving his coronavirus update.
Gov. Beshear announces 164 new positive cases, bringing the total to 8,069. They say 90 of those cases are probable.
He says 153,800 people have been tested, and 443 people are currently hospitalized.
Gov. Beshear says 20 more deaths have been reported. This is the most they reported in a single day. The total number of deaths is 366.
Dr. Stack talks about guidelines for Memorial Day
Kentuckians are advised to have 10 or less people for Memorial Day gatherings.
Gov. Beshear says on June 8, museums, outdoor attractions, aquariums, libraries and distilleries will reopen with certain guidelines.
On Tuesday, Green River District Health Department officials reported that two additional people have died and another 11 have tested positive for COVID-19.
They say the COVID-19 related deaths were a resident of Daviess County and a resident of Henderson County.
There are two new cases in Daviess County, two more in Henderson County, one in McLean County and six new cases in Ohio County.
Green River Health officials say 434 people in the district have now recovered.
Hopkins County Health Department’s website is showing that they have no new cases or deaths. Their county total stands at 216 cases and 27 deaths.
Their coronavirus dashboard shows that 148 people have recovered from the virus.
Here are the case numbers for our Kentucky counties.
- Muhlenberg Co. - 476 cases, 7 deaths
- Daviess Co. - 289 cases, 5 deaths, 222 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 216 cases, 27 deaths, 148 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 140 cases, 82 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 97 cases, 4 deaths, 70 recovered
- Webster Co. - 33 cases, 28 recovered
- McLean Co. - 21 cases, 1 death, 18 recovered
- Union Co. - 9 cases, 8 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 6 cases, 6 recovered
These are the numbers for food plant workers in our area reported Monday. Please note the worker could live in another county and would count towards county numbers there.
- Perdue Farms, Ohio County (293 positive employees, 1 employee death)
- Specialty Food Group, Daviess County (41 positive employees)
- Tyson Foods (Green River), Henderson County (99 positive employees)