KENTUCKY (WFIE) - KY Gov. Beshear gives his coronavirus update.
He says he combined the weekend’s numbers to Monday’s numbers.
Gov. Beshear reports 260 new positive cases of COVID-19. This brings the total of positive cases in the state to 7,935.
Gov. Beshear says 12 more people have died from COVID-19. This brings the total to 346 deaths.
The state’s coronavirus website shows 145,238 total tests have been taken and 2,785 people have recovered.
Dr. Stack says two more children are dealing with the new coronavirus syndrome.
A new COVID-19 testing site will open Tuesday in Ohio County.
Officials with the Green River District Health Department say Kroger will be at the fairgrounds Tuesday through Thursday. They say you will need to sign up for the testing online.
Curbside tests will also be available at the clinic sites in McLean and Webster County Tuesday.
Officials say they will also be testing from their mobile unit in Fordsville in Ohio County Tuesday.
The Green River District Health Department is reporting seven additional COVID-19 cases. There’s one new case in Daviess County and six new cases in Ohio County.
Hopkins County officials reported Monday that their case numbers didn’t go up over the weekend. They still have 216 total COVID-19 cases and 27 deaths.
You can watch Hopkins County Monday update here.
Here are the case numbers for our Kentucky counties.
- Muhlenberg Co. - 476 cases, 7 deaths
- Daviess Co. - 287 cases, 4 deaths, 215 recovered
- Hopkins Co. - 216 cases, 27 deaths, 143 recovered
- Ohio Co. - 134 cases, 64 recovered
- Henderson Co. - 95 cases, 3 deaths, 63 recovered
- Webster Co. - 33 cases, 26 recovered
- McLean Co. - 20 cases, 1 death, 18 recovered
- Union Co. - 9 cases, 8 recovered
- Hancock Co. - 6 cases, 6 recovered
These are the numbers for food plant workers in our area reported Monday. Please note the worker could live in another county and would count towards county numbers there.
- Perdue Farms, Ohio County (293 positive employees, 1 employee death)
- Specialty Food Group, Daviess County (41 positive employees)
- Tyson Foods (Green River), Henderson County (99 positive employees)