EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Fire crews were called to an apartment fire in Evansville on Sunday morning.
According to Vanderburgh County Dispatch, the fire erupted at a home in the 2900 block of Ravenswood Drive.
The Evansville Fire Department responded after dispatch received the call at 9:31 a.m.
When they arrived on the scene, firefighters say they saw flames coming from the apartment. The fire was put out by 9:39 a.m.
Officials say the building suffered minor smoke damage and some of the residents living in the building will most likely have to find another place to stay.
EFD Division Chief Mike Larson says a discarded cigarette was ruled as the cause of the fire.
A cat reportedly died in the fire, but no other injuries have been reported.