WARRICK CO., Ind. (WFIE) - The Chandler Speedway auction finally moved forward Wednesday.
Broker Jonathan Baker from Baker Auction and Realty was there to purchase the property for a client.
The auctioneer says the winning bid was $376,200.
We’re told, in about 30 days, an announcement will be made on what the plans are moving forward.
William Wilson Auction and Realty held the auction, and streamed it live on Facebook.
Andrew Wilson, Lead Auctioneer of William Wilson Auction & Realty, says this is the fourth time the auction had been scheduled.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana ruled in December the sale would move forward.
“We’ve done a lot of due diligence on the property," said Wilson. "We’ve had a lot of feedback obviously through the process, so ultimately with an auction, that’s how, the value is determined- through the bidding process and the maximum value was achieved today.”
- Second scheduled Movieland Speedpark auction canceled
- Movieland Speedpark is back up for auction
- Friday’s races at Movieland Speedpark canceled
- Chandler Movieland Speedpark officially open
- Chandler Speedway owner files for bankruptcy; auction canceled
- Chandler Speedway up for auction after foreclosure
We’ll keep you updated when we know what the future plans for the property are.