DAVIESS CO., KY (WFIE) - Atmos Energy confirms to 14 News a gas leak occurred in Daviess County early Thursday.
According to Atmos Energy officials, the gas leak was in the area of the 9000 block of Sturbridge Place. Atmos says a crew working in the area hit a 2″ gas line.
Around 1:30 p.m., the fire department was able to clear the scene and open the street back up.
Officials say they hope to begin the repair process around 3 p.m.
We will update this story with more information when it is made available.