A top provider of advanced cardiac care in the Tri-State, St. Mary's Heart Institute strives to ensure that all heart patients throughout the region receive the life-saving care they need, regardless of where they live.
St. Mary's Heart Institute is a recognized leader in community education and screenings that form the front line against heart disease. Regular cholesterol and blood pressure screenings at health fairs and other events help identify those at risk. The Heart Institute's speaker's bureau, reference materials and educational seminars also reinforce the importance of prevention and early detection to area residents.
Within St. Mary's, our Heart Institute includes a:
- 6-bed chest pain emergency department
- 48-bed cardiac telemetry unit
- 24-bed intensive care unit
- Four catheterization labs, including one for electrophysiology, pacemaker and implantable cardiac defibrillators
- Two diagnostic and interventional labs, including one bi-plane lab also used for pediatric cardiac catheterization