Nurse of the Year
Nominated by Kari Pawlak
The recipient of this award has consistently demonstrated:
- Excellence as a nursing leader
- Active exploration and implementation of innovative and progressive ideas to enhance patient care
- Participation in professional nursing organizations
- Responsibility for professional development of self and others
- Effective utilization of resources
- Professional nursing image
Erin is the most active member of out Retention/Recruitment Committee, and is responsible for 90% of the tasks.
She always goes above and beyond, coming in early, staying late, or even coming in on her days off to work on P&Ps such as the CRRT P&P.
Erin plan all unit parties, collections, carry-ins, etc.
Erin is the P&P Queen. If you are unsure - she is the one to ask, and if she doesn't know, she drops everything to look up and find the answer for you.
With Erin working you are never alone. No matter how busy she is, she will drop everything to help without you even needing to ask. She is never rude or cross, and she approaches every situation with a smile and optimism. She is the most organized person that I know and truly sets and example for the rest of us.
Erin is the most active member of what ever committee she is on. She is always eager to take the bull by the horns and run the show, even if it means more work for her.