Nurse of the Year
Nominated by Teri Nolan
The recipient of this award has consistently demonstrated:
- Excellence as a nursing leader
- Active exploration and implementation of innovative and progressive ideas to enhance patient care
- Participation in professional nursing organizations
- Responsibility for professional development of self and others
- Effective utilization of resources
- Professional nursing image
Carla is an excellent role model.
As an ADON, Carla treats everyone fairly and honestly.
She is concerned with the well-being of patients and staff - she never leaves our unit without asking if there is anything she can do for us.
Carla consistently works to find placement for our patients and remains patient with staff when emotions run high
Carla helps to locate resources and staff when needed
To me Carla exhibits all the core images of nursing: Knowledge, compassion, good organizational skills, willingness to listen and to help.
No job is too small for Carla - she is willing to help out when needed, such as transporting a patient when nobody else was available.